The philosophy minor requires six three-credit courses (18 credits total) to be distributed as follows:
1. One (1) course in logic, selected from
- PHIL 0500 (Introduction to Logic)
- PHIL 1500 (Symbolic Logic)
2. One (1) course in the history of ancient philosophy, selected from
- PHIL 0200 (History of Ancient Philosophy)
- PHIL 1020 (Plato)
- PHIL 1040 (Aristotle)
3. One (1) course in the history of modern philosophy, selected from
- PHIL 0210 (History of Modern Philosophy)
- PHIL 1110 (Rationalism)
- PHIL 1140 (Empiricism)
4. One (1) course in moral, social, or political philosophy, selected from
- PHIL 0300 (Introduction to Ethics) is preferred,
- PHIL 0320 (Social Philosophy)
- PHIL 0330 (Political Philosophy)
- PHIL 0350 (Philosophy and Public Issues)
- A 1000 level course in the 1300s (Value Theory, Social and Political Philosophy).
5. Elective Courses : Two additional 1000-level courses must be completed beyond any used in 1-4.
Note: At least one of the above four courses (numbers 1-4) must be taken at the 1000 level.